Great Bay Yacht Club
NOTICE OF RACE
Saturday May 31, 2014
Hilton State Park, Dover, NH 03820 9:00 am Registration
ORGANIZING AUTHORITY: Great Bay Yacht Club, www.greatbayyachtclub.org
1. RULES: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the Laser Class Rules (ILCA), the NA Masters Rules, this Notice of Race (NOR), the Sailing Instructions (SI) as issued, and any amendments.
2. CLASS: Laser Standard, Laser Radial. No measurements will be taken. All sail in one fleet.
3. ELIGIBILITY: open to all ages
Skipper’s Meeting 10:00 am
First Warning 11:00 am
Races to follow, High tide 3:28 pm
Last Warning No later than 2:30
5. ENTRY: The GBYC club is located on Wentworth Terrace, Dover Point, NH at 43.124589,-70.831513, a very short walk from Hilton Park. Registration officials will be on site at Hilton Park for your convenience by 9:00 am and the Skippers Meeting will be held there at 10:00. Barbecue and awards at the club. The entry fee of $35 can be paid in cash or by check (made payable to “Great Bay Yacht Club”). Entry includes a tradition of a great Race Committee and support boats, and after racing generous cookout, and a variety of beverages appropriate for the spirit of the day.
6. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Available at registration.
7. SCORING: Low Point Scoring as per RRS Appendix A. There will be one discard after 5 completed races.
8. RACING AREA: Launch at the State of NH ramp in Hilton Park and race upstream in the designated area on the Salmon Falls River.
9. COURSES: Windward-leeward, triangle or a combination of the two.
10. INFORMATION: please contact Stephen Kosacz at 207.439.4500 M-F 7:30A-5:30 P, Stephen@auto-works.com
11. Location: Exit 5 off the Spaulding Turnpike/NH Route 4/16 North on the Dover side of the Piscataqua River where it meets Great Bay. follow road to the south to the Parking Area and grass lawns