Great Bay Yacht Club/PSA Spring Laser Regatta
NOTICE OF RACE
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Hilton Sate Park, Dover, NH
10:30 am Registration, Skippers Meeting at 11am at the park
1. RULES: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) the Laser Class Rules (ILCA) the NA Masters Rules, this Notice of Race (NOR), the Sailing Instructions (SI) as issued, and any amendments.
2. CLASS: Laser Standard, Laser Radial. No measurements will be taken. All sail in one fleet.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all ages.
Skipper’s Meeting: 11:30 am (low tide is 11:51 am)
First Warning: Noon
Races to follow, High tide is at 5:31 pm
Last warning: No later than 4:15 pm, BBQ /awards at 5pm at GBYC, Wentworth Terrace
5. ENTRY: GBYC is located on Wentworth Terrace, Dover Point, NH at 43:124589, -70.8131513, a very short walk from Hilton Park. Registration officials will be on site at Hilton Park for your convenience by 10am and the Skippers Meeting will be held there at 11am. Barbecue and awards at the club. The entry fee of $35 can be paid in cash or by check, please make sure you register BEFORE the Skippers meeting. Entry includes a tradition of a great Race Committee and support boats, and after racing generous cook cookout and a variety of beverages appropriate for the spirit of the day.
6. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Available at registration
7. SCORING: Low Point Scoring as per RRS Appendix A. There will be one discard after 5 completed races.
8. RACING AREA: Launch at the State of NH ramp at Hilton Park and race upstream in the designated area.
9. COURSES: Windward-leeward, triangle or a combination of the two.
10. AWARDS: First through Fifth plus, The Wally Johnson Sportsmanship Award based on attitude, reaction to special situations during the regatta, or any other notable occurrence that expresses the high ideals of sportsmanship.
11. INFORMATION: Please contact Steve Kosacz at 207-439-4500 M-F 7:30 am-5:30 pm email@example.com
12. LOCATION: Exit 5 off the Spaulding Turnpike /NH Route 4/16 North on the Dover side of the Piscataqua River where it meets Great Bay. Follow road to the south to the Parking area and grass lawns.